Talking on our cell phones, listening to music or audio books, playing video games- those are tasks that many of us engage in at some point in time during the day. Struggling with the wrong earphones can make those activities unpleasant and stressful. Finding the right earphones for your needs can make completing daily tasks associated with your cell phone, computer, video console, and other devices much easier. Follow this handy guide to determine which earphones fit with your lifestyle. 1. Research the different types of earphones.
There are many earphone styles available on the market today. The three most-common types are:
2. Think about what you're using them for.
- In-ear: these have foam or rubber-tipped earbuds that fit inside of the ear canal, offering a lightweight design ideal for fitness activities.
- On-ear: earphones that sit on top of the ears and are attached by a band that goes over the top of the head, providing a secure fit while still allowing the user to hear sound outside of the earphones.
- Over-ear: similar to on-ear earphones, except they completely encapsulate the ear, providing the user with a completely-isolated experience from any outside sounds.
Some earphones work best for certain activities. For instance, earphones that sit inside of the ear canal offer flexibility and comfort while working out or driving while on-ear earphones are better for work-related activities like speaking with clients on the phone while simultaneously typing on the computer. Over-ear earphones are great for gamers or those in the music industry because they cancel out all other noises, allowing the user to be completely immersed in the sounds coming from the earphones. 3. Decide on additional features.
While all earphones allow the user to hear the sound coming out of whatever device they are using, not all earphones are the same. Features vary, depending on the model, and may include:
- A microphone.
- Noise-cancelling abilities.
- Waterproof material.
- Volume control.
- Compatibility with fitness trackers or voice assistants like Siri.
- Bluetooth capability.
Some earphones aren't compatible with certain devices, so be sure to double-check the specs on the specific earphones you are interested in to ensure they will work with the device you're purchasing them for. We offer a wide selection of superior-quality earphones on our website
with several color and design options to fit your needs.